Backpack / Soft Cooler (Insulated Ice chest) Cleaning guide: Coolers have been very useful. They assist us to keep the cold stuff cold. they’re our dependable companions whether or not we’re going out on a journey within the water or simply hanging out with friends. It’s pretty difficult to substitute a cooler in your life. There are two types of the cooler that we use: one the typical box type and one insulated backpack type.
If you are having a Hard cooler, please go to our hard cooler cleaning guide here.
However, once the ice melts and that we leave the cooler in our garages for a jiffy, we tend to find ourselves being reminded of all the things we’ve placed in it as the varied food items that have left an atrocious smell behind.
Whether it’s food, drinks, or, the worst of them, fish, the items we tend to place in our coolers can leave a mark associated degreed these marks are typically but spectacular in an olfactory sense. Also, if you don’t clean your cooler, you permit any leftover food and alternative organic stuff to rot and build the right piece of land for microorganisms and alternative microorganisms. Washing your ice chest very often is a healthy habit to be cultivated.
This article would help those who have been lazy to clean their ice boxes after using them. There are few preparations to be done before starting to clean your dirty icebox. This article would be helping you to clean your insulated soft ice cooler as well.
Items required to clean your icebox:
- Pour some gentle detergent powder or liquid dishwasher and a quarter to 0.5 cups of hydrogen carbonate into the cooler and heat water. (Add a considerable amount of dishwasher and hydrogen carbonate. don’t use harsh soaps which will be too robust).
- Now, wipe down each within and out of doors cleansing agent water.
- Rinse it and keep the lid open and dry out with the towel.
- Wiping out with a towel will be convenient for sanitizing your icebox because it doesn’t absorb and withdraw within nooks, crannies, hinges, and latches so they’ll not have a cozy work.
- Keep the drain open while you are cleaning and leave it open till you’re up for your next trip.
- After cleanup the cooler you’ll be able to conjointly leave hospitable the sun for a minimum of one or two of days with the gap facing the maximum amount of the sun as attainable. This may eliminate most or all the wet and smell.
- Add a couple of drops of fragrance oil after that. Not only will the funky smell be gone, but also the cooler will smell good!
If your cooler has foul smell within, place in pure clear vinegar and takes with the help of a towel, rinse, towel dry, and blow-dry clearly. It removes the bad smell caused by meat or fish.
Well, this was all about how to clean an icebox … what to do when it’s about cleaning a soft ice chest??
In the next part, we’ll be learning how to clean a soft ice chest also known as an insulated soft cooler.
Well, the question here is what is a soft ice chest? It’s just an insulated backpack which is used in place of the typical ice coolers.
Can They Be Machine Washed? Many people threw these stinky cooler bags into the washer with no hesitation. However, the sort of every soft insulated ice chests varies. Although some can withstand the agitation of the washer, others may literally disintegrate at the seams from all of the rough action within the washer. If so, check the care label/instructions.
Hand Washing Soft Ice Chest?
For those soft insulated bags that just need a fast cleaning, or aren’t made to tolerate the washer, an honest hand washing will do the trick.
You Will Need:
- Dish detergent
- Soft cloths or sponges
Also, See- Best Milee Cooler Reviews 2021
Steps to wash the soft insulated ice chest:
How to Remove the Odour of soft insulated Cooler?
Over time, any container that holds food for extended periods of your time will develop an odor. soft insulated ice chests are not any exception. Here are some steps to get rid of that “soft insulated ice chests smell.”
You Will Need:
- Baking soda
- Soft cloths or sponges
- Spray bottle
Steps to get rid of foul smell from soft insulated ice chests:
- Fill a sprig bottle with a weak bleach and water solution.
- Spray the inside of the soft insulated ice chests with the bleach solution.
- Wipe it dry with a soft cloth.
- Allow it to air dry completely.
- An additional method is to form a paste out of bicarbonate of soda and water.
- Apply the paste to the inside surfaces of the soft insulated ice chests with a soft cloth.
- Allow the paste to dry completely.
- Wipe it with a cloth or brush out the dried paste.
- Dry bicarbonate of soda also can be sprinkled within the soft insulated ice chests and left to take a seat overnight. The bicarbonate of soda will absorb the foul smell and maybe shaken coldly in the morning.
- Any remaining bicarbonate of soda is often rinsed out with clean water but isn’t harmful if a touch bit remains.
Hope this article has cleared all your doubts regarding how to wash both iceboxes (typical one and the soft insulated one). However, these types would be more effective when you clean your icebox immediately after using it