Best Wheeled Coolers 2020: Do you like enjoying some quality time outdoors? It’s a wide world out there, and you can go and spend your time doing a lot of activities, such as trekking, fishing, hunting, hiking, sunbaths, and many more. But, to ensure that you will have a great time doing your favourite thing, you need to pack sufficient quantities of food items and beverages, to keep you hydrated and well-fed.
It may sound simple, but it’s quite complicated making sure that your food items stay fresh and drinks stay cold. If you partake in outdoor activities regularly, you must have already been aware of this complex situation. One best thing you could do here is, buying a Wheeled Ice Chest. Basically, a quality cooler lets you store your food and beverages, keeping them fresh and cold for longer periods of time.
You may face another problem here, which is, when you participate in activities which involve rigid and uneven surfaces, you may have a hard time moving your cooler. Again, there’s a solution here. With ever-evolving technology, we are being blessed with advanced and upgraded product models. Likewise, we now can buy coolers with wheels. In this product review, we’re going to discuss wheeled coolers and how to buy the best one.
Things You should know about Coolers with Wheels
It’s an undeniable fact that coolers with wheels and handles are extremely easier to move and carry around. Among the two variants, a cooler with wheels is much better than the one with a handle. Anyhow, let’s see what important factors you should know about wheeled coolers:
- Wheel Size: Many people usually research in a shallow way, while buying a product, when eventually lets them down later in the future. One of the most important yet neglected factors of buying a wheeled cooler is the wheel size. The main purpose of wheels is to offer the smooth and seamless movement of your cooler. Here, the size plays an important role, as different sizes suit different surfaces. If you want a cooler that moves on plain surfaces, go for the small wheeled coolers. But, if you want a wheeled cooler for rough and uneven surfaces, you must buy a cooler with bigger wheels.
- Handle Type: To move your cooler swiftly and effortlessly, you would need a proper handle. Again, this aspect also totally depends on your requirements. A shorter handle is perfect for you if you move your cooler for shorter distances. But, if you have to move your wheeled cooler for extended periods of time and distance, better buy a cooler with a large handle. Also, make sure that the handle is built of strong material so that it doesn’t break down while moving across rigid surfaces. Coolers with telescopic handles are much better since they let you store down the handlebars, whenever you don’t need them.
- Body Dimensions: The size of a cooler is a very important aspect, regardless of whether it’s wheeled or not. But, for wheeled coolers, it plays a much bigger role. First and foremost, one should note down their usual requirements, such as, how many cans they want to store. Coolers with wheels come in different storage capacities, which mean, different dimensions. So, if you want a cooler with bigger capacity, be ready to get a bigger cooler. For such coolers, you need larger wheels, to accommodate smooth movement.
Best Wheeled Coolers Reviews 2020 – Top 5 Ice Chest with Wheels Buyer’s Guide
As we’ve just discussed some of the important tips one could consider while purchasing a wheeled cooler, we now move on to some of the best-wheeled coolers reviews. Keep on reading to know about these high-quality appliances, so that you can choose the one that fits your needs:
IGLOO Glide PRO Cooler:
Igloo has always been a highly reputed brand in this spectrum. They have a vast range of cooler products, among which Igloo Glide PRO being one. This wheeled cooler offers 110-quart storage capacity, which is quite big. You can store a lot of cans, food items, and ice with such a huge capacity. The telescopic handle of this appliance makes it quite easy to slide. It also comes with a great ice retention capability of five days.
Coleman 50 QT Xtreme 5 Wheeled Cooler
When it comes to coolers, Coleman is one other brand that has a very positive reputation among the majority of the consumers. Their 50 Q Xtreme wheeled cooler offers a decent storage capacity of 50 quart, in which you can store food items and beverages that are sufficient for a medium sized family. The lid comes with a set of four cup holders. Furthermore, it also lets you sit on it, as long as you’re less than 250 lbs.
Rubbermaid Ice Cooler 60 Quarts
While Rubbermaid is famous for their large collection of products ranging from coolers to containers, the Rubbermaid cooler with wheels is highly popular for its durability and usability. With 60 Quarts storage capacity, this wheeled cooler is a perfect fit for mid-sized families. The telescoping handle of this cooler lets you move the cooler seamlessly. You’ll also get 4 cup holders integrated with the cooler.
The cooler has a superior insulation mechanism, which keeps your beverages and food items colder for a long period. This wheeled cooler has been developed with a split top design, which helps you easily grab your items by opening just one side of the lid.
Coleman Esky Cooler
If you’re looking for a wheeled cooler that’s built specifically for longer outdoor trips, Coleman Esky cooler is the way to go. For someone who goes out hunting, fishing, trekking, or any other outdoor event, this cooler can accommodate all their needs. Furthermore, this appliance also has dual insulation technology, which enhances the ice retention capacity. You can store your food items and drinks for as long as one week. Additionally, this high end cooler with wheels also has UV protection as well. This comes in 55 and 85 Quats size.
Coleman Wheeled Soft Cooler
For those of you who’re looking coolers with wheels for the beach and similar activities that require minimal capacity, Coleman wheeled soft cooler could be a great option. This cooler enables you to store up to 42 cans in addition to ice. It also provides you with multiple pockets, in which you can keep extra accessories. The telescoping handle lets you move the cooler with ease.
Wheeled Ice Chest Buying Guide: How to choose the Best Cooler with wheels?
By now, you must have gained some essential knowledge about the best coolers with wheels. Now, let’s discuss some important aspects that you should consider, in order to pick the best wheeled Ice Chest:
- Build Quality: This is an extremely vital factor you must focus on. If you want your cooler to long last, make sure that the build quality is better than average. All the above-mentioned wheeled coolers come with very durable bodies. If you want a cooler for exclusively outdoor activities, better avoid a soft cooler.
- Affordability: If you’re on a tight budget, try to buy the cooler that comes at a reasonable price, but also offers a decent set of features. You can simply ignore the ones that provide bonus features, because you only need the standard features, given that you’re on a budget.
- Ice retention: The most important factor you should consider while buying a wheeled cooler is the ice retention capacity. Pick the cooler with better insulation technology, as it’s what is responsible for longer retention periods. Double insulated coolers are the best options if you need a longer period of storage.
Also, See- Best Hunting Cooler in 2020 Review
We’ve presented you different types of coolers with wheels. It’s about time you choose the one that fits your criteria. As all of the above coolers are from reputed brands, you can avoid worrying about quality and durability. Simply look at the features and choose the one that offers all your required features.